I really loathe that people have this idea that there’s something inherently wrong, unintelligent, or unethical about profanity.
While I can agree that there are inappropriate settings for profanity, (ie- “We fucking gather here today…”) I don’t think that there’s anything “unladylike” (whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean) or not classy (whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean) about cursing.
Nor does my preference for the word fuck correlate to an inadequate vocabulary.
“We fucking gather here today…” - winning
I swear when I feel very passionate and strongly about something (e.g. telling pro-lifers that they are fuckwits). It doesn’t mean I am unintelligent or have a limited vocabulary, I just want to get my point across over the internet, as you can’t hear my tone of voice or see my facial expression.
- muffinw reblogged this from yellow-dress
- muffinw likes this
- passionprayparis likes this
- yellow-dress reblogged this from ashjaygrass and added:
- ashjaygrass reblogged this from cunafish
- logicianmagician said:Hey, fuck you alright.
- fjall said:take that english teachers
- littletigerlady likes this
- fjall likes this
- margaritasandmakeup reblogged this from cunafish
- contemplatingmadness said:I will now spend my life looking for a setting where I can get away with saying “We fucking gather here today to…”
- blainersthesnowman reblogged this from cunafish and added:
- contemplatingmadness likes this
- bouncingdodecahedrons likes this
- cunafish posted this