In order to participate in DC’s latest talent search, you have to draw a female character committing suicide naked.
I’m gonna assume I don’t have to explain what’s fucked up about this.
But guys, they left an open submission form on their page! They claim they will personally review every submission!
I see this as an opportunity to spam their box with a Hawkeye-Initiative style inversion of genders. Give them a naked Superman committing suicide, or just give them a bunch of pics of Superman’s ass, whatever.
I say we make this viral and shame them out of this talent search.
WOW. ARE WE REALLY
we’re done here
burn dc comics to the ground
salt the earth
put up a waffle stand
that’s it. that’s it i am DONE YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY MORE OF MY FUCKING MONEY DC.
spam the fuck out of this
send them porn of supes and batman
u can do it tumblr
THIS IS NOT FUCKING OKAY
I made an entry, do you think I’ll win
ugh, these ASSHOLES
Awww…that’s so sweet! And I hope you have the nicest of days too! \o/
There’s something beautifully ironic about fox-ridge7’s description of himself saying “I’m a very nice guy, a little shy and quiet”.
“My name is Tyson, 22 years old and in college. I love being with friends, love being with my family, smiling and being happy! Also love Captain Marvel and Red Hood! I’m gay and christian, two things that apparently don’t mix to most people. But I don’t really care thats who I am and its your problem really if you don’t like it. I’m a very nice guy, a little shy and quiet, but I’ve come out of my shell a lot during the years! If you wanna get to know me ask me anything!”
What a charming Christian.
Shout out to @wontbetelevised for the post that brought this to my attention. I’m not reblogging because I’ll be damned if I post something that links my blog to all those people who posted the edited picture on the right and proceeded to bask in their own false superiority at the expense of the mythical Welfare Queen.
But yeah, you can imagine the anti-Black, mutual mind-masturbation sessions that erupted in response to the second image.
Oh, look at the original image again. What’s that on her left hand? On the ring finger? WHAT????? A married Black woman? They exist?
Here is original post and following commentary (from this moment, Mon morning). I didnt want to reblog either, as sagginpants mentions it glorifies the OP’s racist woman hating. Its definitely worthy of our attention! this photo shopping tactic is being used to slander people more frequently- moral of the story if you see something suspicious like the racist obviously altered meme above, look a little closer.
this is so much better yes thank
60% my ass. Every POC I know, particularly black, has experienced this type of discrimination while shopping at some point in time
OUT OF 100 PEOPLE TO WITNESS THIS SCENARIO, ONLY ABOUT 20 ACTUALLY SPOKE UP AND MOST OF THEM WERE POC
To be perfectly honest, this is another reason why I’m prejudiced. I am. I have no problem admitting that. We get followed, harassed, and killed for looking suspicious. And the “respectability” crap that Don Lemon and others have suggested means nothing- Look what happened to Oprah, one of the wealthiest women in the world. So I don’t smile at white kids or their parents because all I can think of in the back of my mind is them discussing the little out of place black kid at the store and how they should avoid “people like me” around the dinner table. I won’t hold the door open, I do my best to avoid conversation or contact.
And before anyone attempts to come at me sideways saying “all white people aren’t like that!” or how you “have black friends,” let me remind you of how many people spoke up in this video, which is a damn accurate, if not generous, representation of how many do in real life. Let me remind you of how many “people like me” have been harassed or killed. Let me remind you that 1, one, person’s life being taken because of some excuse like “prevention” or “suspicion” is more than enough.
And I’m escalating to murder because that’s the reality of this mindset. This doesn’t stop at shopping. It doesn’t stop at clutching your purse when I walk by you on the street. It means that if I see a white woman struggling with bags and bags of groceries, I fight my natural inclination to be the gentleman my parents raised me to be and decide not to ask if she needs help in fear of my actions being mistaken for something malicious. It means having to always be cognizant that I am a black man operating in a space that isn’t always happy to see me. It means that when I have kids, the most prevalent conversation we’ll have is one of their safety from other people who don’t know them. And God, that’s just when people think low of us. I also have to teach them not to walk with their heads held high in certain areas because people perceive that as being “uppity” or “out of place” and people are killed for that.
And yes, I’m playing my “black card” because that’s the hand I was dealt. I am black. And blatant attacks on my humanity for that get called out. It’s damn near always about race. Always. And if someone tells you it isn’t, they’re lying.
For those who ever find themselves wondering why a lot of us (Black people/people of color) have a hard time trusting white people, “the system,” and the like, check this out.
While people like Don Lemon and Geraldo Rivera push ideas of “respectability politics,” the reality remains: my BLACKNESS is the issue. Not what I’m wearing or how I talk.
Please watch and share.
If any person, ANY PERSON, was treated like this in my store I would rip the person treating them this way a new one. This is disgusting.
- (Heavy trigger warning: explicit, graphic descriptions of rape, battery and objectification).
- Corina Taylor: "When I arrived to the set I expected to do a vaginal girl boy scene. But during the scene with a male porn star, he forced himself anally into me and would not stop. I yelled at him to stop and screamed 'No' over and over but he would not stop. The pain became too much and I was in shock and my body went limp."
- Jenna Jameson: "Most girls get their first experience in gonzo films – in which they’re taken to a crappy studio apartment in Mission Hills and penetrated in every hole possible by some abusive asshole who thinks her name is Bitch."
- Alexa James: "The first shoot I did was with a man who was probably 40 and he was as thick as a soda can. He held me down and shoved it in me with no lube tearing my vagina. When I started to tear up and cry he flipped me over and continued from behind be so they wouldn't get me crying on film. He pulled my hair and choked me over and over again even when I told him it hurt and I could barely breathe."
- Linda Lovelace: "My initiation into prostitution was a gang rape by five men, arranged by Mr. Traynor. It was the turning point in my life. He threatened to shoot me with the pistol if I didn't go through with it. I had never experienced anal sex before and it ripped me apart. They treated me like an inflatable plastic doll, picking me up and moving me here and there. They spread my legs this way and that, shoving their things at me and into me, they were playing musical chairs with parts of my body. I have never been so frightened and disgraced and humiliated in my life. I felt like garbage. I engaged in sex acts for pornography against my will to avoid being killed.The lives of my family were threatened."
- Andi Anderson: "After a year or so of that so-called “glamorous” life, I sadly discovered that drugs and drinking were a part of the lifestyle. I began to drink and party out of control! Cocaine, alcohol and ecstasy were my favorites. Before long, I turned into a person I did not want to be. After doing so many hardcore scenes I couldn’t do it anymore. I just remember being in horrible situations and experiencing extreme depression and being alone and sad."
- Alexa Milano: "My first movie I was treated very rough by 3 guys. They pounded on me, gagged me with their penises, and tossed me around like I was a ball! I was sore, hurting and could barely walk. My insides burned and hurt so badly. I could barely pee and to try to have a bowel movement was out of the question. I was hurting so bad from the physical abuse from these 3 male porn stars."
- Jessie Jewels: "People in the porn industry are numb to real life and are like zombies walking around. The abuse that goes on in this industry is completely ridiculous. The way these young ladies are treated is totally sick and brainwashing. I left due to the trauma I experienced even though I was there only a short time."
- Genevieve: "I had bodily fluids all over my face that had to stay on my face for ten minutes. The abuse and degradation was rough. I sweated and was in deep pain. On top of the horrifying experience, my whole body ached, and I was irritable the whole day. The director didn't really care how I felt; he only wanted to finish the video."
- Jersey Jaxin: "Guys punching you in the face. You have semen from many guys all over your face, in your eyes. You get ripped. Your insides can come out of you. It's never ending."
- Elizabeth Rollings: "I didn’t want to feel the pain of penetration from an over average sized man, being told to freeze in a position until the camera man was happy with his shots was very painful. I had peoples body fluids forced on my face or anywhere else the producer pleased and I had to accept it or else no pay. Sometimes you would get to a gig and the producer would change what the scene was supposed to be to something more intense and again if you didn’t like it, too bad, you did it or no pay."
- Lucky Starr: "I was worried about my first anal scene for quite a few days ... then the big moment arrived. It REALLY hurt! I almost quit and said, "I can’t do this". When it was all over, I was so happy and relieved I was able to do it..."
- Ashlyn Brooke: "I honestly felt that if I had to have another strange man in my face, his hands (God knows where they've been all over me) him calling me his baby and having to exude some sort of forged passion for the world to see, I probably would have exploded. And what would have been stuck to the walls would have probably been nothing, just pieces of skin, bone, the brain of a robot, and what would have been left of what would have existed once as a huge and warm heart."
- Roxy: "After only 30 movies I caught two sexually transmitted diseases. Herpes, a non-curable disease and HPV, which led to cervical cancer where I had to have half of my cervix removed. Porn destroyed my life."
- Anita Cannibal: "Yeah, there are a lot of cover-ups going on. There is a lot of tragedy. There are a lot of horrible things."
- Tamra Toryn: "As for myself, I ended up paying the price from working in the porn industry. In 2006, not even 9 months in, I caught a moderate form of dysplasia of the cervix (which is a form of HPV, a sexually transmitted disease) and later that day, I also found out I was pregnant. I had only 1 choice which was to abort the baby during my first month. It was extremely painful emotionally and physically. When it was all over, I cried my eyes out."
- Jessi Summers: "I also did a scene where I was put with male talent that was on my no list. I wanted to please them so I did it. He put his foot on my head and stepped on it while he was doing me from behind. I freaked out and started balling; they stopped filming and sent me home with reduced pay since they got some shot but not the whole scene."
- [https: //www.shelleylubben.com/pornstars]
Delta offers to put down cardboard while forcing disabled man to crawl on tarmac
This is so fucking ridiculous.
“I was forced by Delta Airlines, just days before having a spinal fusion surgery, I was forced to crawl from my chair, through the cabin of the plane, down a flight of stairs with no backing or sides and across the tarmac to get to my wheelchair,” Kanaan explained in a video posted to Facebookon Saturday. “Here we are in the modern day and people who are able bodied were standing around with their arms crossed watching me crawl under the guise that they could not touch me lest they be liable.”
Kanaan said that he did not initially go public about the incident because Delta swore to him that it would never happen to him or anyone else again. The company promised to be prepared before his next flight and offered him a $100 voucher for his troubles.
But when he arrived for his flight two days later, he was once again forced to crawl up a flight of stairs as Delta employees refused to assist other than offering him “a piece of cardboard to put down so that his clothes wouldn’t get dirty,” the lawsuit states
According to the complaint, Delta offered Kanaan 25,000 SkyMiles, but he refused because he never intended to fly the airline again.
What the hell?! Those offers are seriously insulting. I’m glad he is speaking out about this terrible treatment.
Resentment of the Day: Boston Marathon Bomber to Be Featured on Rolling Stone’s Cover
Yesterday, Rolling Stone revealed that Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will grace the cover of their upcoming August 1st issue. The announcement was immediately met by backlash from Facebook and Twitter, including a campaign to unsubscribe from the magazine and a boycott against buying or selling the issue.
In response to the public outrage, Rolling Stone issued a statement today arguing that they are genuinely trying to investigate why a young man, the same age as many of their readers, would commit such a crime. Meanwhile, Boston mayor Thomas Menino criticized the editorial decision in an open letter via Boston Herald, asserting that the magazine “reward[ed] a terrorist with celebrity treatment” instead of honoring victims, survivors and first responders.
Well, people get it. AMERICA STOP GLAMOURISING ASSHOLES LIKE THIS GUY.
I actually would like to read this issue.
THIS IS WHITE(PASSING) PRIVILEGE
THIS IS MALE PRIVILEGE
THIS IS IT.
DO YOU ALL FUCKING SEE NOW
A YOUNG, “NORMAL” WHITE-PASSING MALE SETS OFF BOMBS IN A LARGE CITY AND THIS TERRORIST IS HONORED LIKE A ROCK STAR
LOOK AT HOW THE HUMANIZE HIM
"failed by family"
"fell into radical islam"
"became a monster"
THEY’RE LITERALLY MAKING HIM SOUND LIKE A FUCKING VICTIM
white folks this is why poc hate you
Just so everyone knows, George Zimmerman is not only a murder who walked free, he’s also a rapist who only moved to Florida to flee consequences here in Virginia.
Fuck everyone and everything.
How the hell can a 6 year old be “asking for it”??????
While she can pull off any color, Lucy Liu always looks ravishing in red.
What the fuck are you trying to achieve with your Tumblr? You’re posting pictures of different women of Asian descent and claiming them all as Lucy Liu. You have Olivia Munn, Jenna Ushkowitiz, Michelle Yeoh, Sandra Oh, Jamie Chung, Zhang Ziyi and a bunch of other ladies? Um??? Is this supposed to be some awful kind of satire? Cause it’s not doing it for me and you sound racist as fuck.
And rucyriu? Really? Go fuck yourself.
that is so fucked up. if it’s satire, it’s not funny. if it’s an innocent mistake, you are still a fucking racist numbskull. please just delete your blog OP.
I feel like throwing up. How was this debatable. How did this even go to trial. A grown man stalked a kid and shot him dead. How in the fuck could anyone possibly believe that George Zimmerman is not guilty. This was not self-protection. A woman who fired a warning shot just got 20 years for trying to protect herself in the same state. I can’t even words. How could anyone ever, ever debate the murder of a child.
I need feminism because this exists.
WOW NEW ZEALAND THIS IS SUCH TRASH GOOD BYE IM SO ASHAMED RIGHT NOW
Dean Fullerton, who only looks about 10 years old, had this to contribute on a poll that asked “Do you think the Maori seats should be abolished?" And today I learnt that "WPWW" means White Pride World Wide and now I really wish I hadn’t.
I would add more insightful commentary but I’m honestly just too disgusted.
I love Kickstarter. I think that’s clear to people who know me by now? I love it. There’s a dude named Brad Muir and he works at Double Fine and I love the games they make, so much. But before Kickstarter, every time a Double Fine game came out I was a little worried it would be their last, and I’d have to worry that if people didn’t buy it, who knows what would happen to that studio. Then they found KIckstarter and now they make games and people like me can front load the development cost for them and it is the absolute best arrangement for creative people who want a tool in the exhausting struggle of art + commerce. A friend of mine is taking a month off her job to write a children’s book because of this platform. It’s GREAT. I love it.
The outcome of this is that I spend a lot of time just browsing Kickstarter looking for something cool to either back or crow about online. I don’t really back much - I don’t have a ton of capitol to toss around, and I’m sure the fact that I have a lot of ideas and no money factors into my love of a platform that gives money to people with ideas - but I like to check it out. So tonight, I found THIS fucking thing.
This is a nightmare.
Watching the video, reading the description, it sounds fairly innocent but a little eye-roll inducing. It’s another book where some nerd, desperate to be liked by women (this is not an insult, we are ALL desperate to be liked by someone we want to have sex with) thinks he’s figured out some cheat code or check-list like routine they can run in a bar to make women sleep with them, as if women aren’t people but a series of subroutines or an obstacle course that they can optimize to get their dick wet as fast as possible. And he’s written that advice down! And he’s selling it! To you! You could learn his cheat codes. This is nothing new for the internet. In fact, a large swath of this book was published already on Reddit. What’s new is that he’s crowdfunding it.
And sure, you might think this is sad or dumb or that this guy is just another lonely dude talking to other lonely dudes who’ll head out into the night with their fedoras to failure, right? Not a big deal? Oops, turns out we’re wrong, because here are some excerpts from what he’s already put on Reddit -
”5) Get CLOSE to her, damn it!
To quote Rob Judge, “Personal space is for pussies.” I already told you that the most successful seducers are those who can’t keep their hands off of women. Well you’re not gonna be able to do that if you aren’t in close! ”
“All the greatest seducers in history could not keep their hands off of women. They aggressively escalated physically with every woman they were flirting with. They began touching them immediately, kept great body language and eye contact, and were shameless in their physicality. Even when a girl rejects your advances, she KNOWS that you desire her. That’s hot. It arouses her physically and psychologically.”
“Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”
Pull out your cock and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don’t ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.”
SO. Now I am no longer rolling my eyes.
This guy is no longer just being weird and creepy on the internet. Now he’s writing a book about how to sexually assault women, and he is using something I believe in (Kickstarter) to ask YOU for money to do it. I am offended as someone who believes in the platform, and more importantly I am offended as someone who believes women shouldn’t be treated this way, and that people who say otherwise CERTAINLY should not profit off saying they should.
This isn’t harmless. People come to these boards because they are scared of being humiliated, and they are saying to the world, “Tell me what to do, because I don’t know what to do.” And this guy has chosen to tell them, “You should be a rapist.”
There’s largely nothing we can do about people saying this shit on a place like Reddit - Reddit’s a mess for another time - but let’s get it off of Kickstarter. The project is funded in 10 hours - and unfortunately a lot of those are sleeping hours - but PLEASE report it to Kickstarter, please tweet @Kickstarter asking them to take it down, and PLEASE do not let something cool be used for the UGLIEST thing imaginable.
The Kickstarter - Report Button is on the bottom of the page
Please Tweet at @Kickstarter
In February, I posted two pieces in Bed-Stuy on Tompkins and Halsey. These two pieces got the most attention of any pieces I’ve put up so far. Within a few days, someone had written his response to the work directly onto the posters. From there, a woman wrote a response to him. And it went on and, on with different hand-written comments creating this kind of interesting discussion. The pieces remained up until a week or so ago, when the phallic image was drawn. That’s when I decided to try to take them down.
The “Stop Telling Women to Smile” piece remained in tact enough for me to include it in the exhibition. I thought it was important to present in the show, so that people could view these written reactions.
I love when assertive women scare men to such an extent that they have to resort to infantile shit like this.
They think it will shut women up, but it really just fuels everything further, I hope they know that.
The “devolution” of the poster is more interesting to me than the originals, which I’ve reblogged before.
The fact that a man decided to comment on the poster physically, and was the first to do so, says a lot. Whenever women defend ourselves we get these counter arguments. We get people in general, and not just men, trying to cut down our personal initiatives. And when women, like on the poster, attempt to hold a real discussion we get the brunt of the “dick solution” where we are told that we hate men, we haven’t had a “dick that was good” or we get a penis drawn on the poster meant to make a social commentary about our “place.”
I’ve reblogged the individual posters before because I understand them as a victim of the suggestions. But I’m reblogging them now to show the attempt to keep women in their societal place in our culture.
An excellent example of men not getting the point about street harassment.
“You find our unwanted projections of our opinions of you to be bothersome? Well … well … well … DICKS, THAT’S WHAT! DICKS!!!”
Serious grade-schooler shit here. Grow the fuck up.
I’m kind of embarrassed by this as a guy. Although I do know we tend to put an undue amount of emphasis on our genitals as the solution to all of life’s problems. Being ornery? RIDE MY DICK! Lesbian? RIDE MY DICK! Depressed? RIDE MY DICK! Just got fired? RIDE MY DICK! *sigh*
And emphasis mine.
Yeahhh, this is a good example of why feminism still needs to be a thing.
All of the above. ALL OF IT.