A child is most commonly defined as a human between the stages of birth and puberty, and that’s what most of us perceive it to mean. When someone says “you’re acting like a child” you would probably think of a fussy toddler. When you see a commercial about helping children in third world countries, you assume that the children that are in need are probably between the stages of birth and puberty.
Unborn means not born. It’s fairly blatant. When someone talks about their childhood, we do not assume they’re talking about their embryonic stage, or that one time they were a fetus or a blastocyst.
Basically here’s what I’m trying to get across:
- A human between the stages of
- Ergo, fetus =/= child.Do you see what I mean? It just cancels itself out.So let’s stop using crappy emotional manipulation in our political debates, okay? “Unborn children” is one big fat oxymoron, and all it does is weaken your argument.
The Feminist Promise,
A passage from a book I read for my history class. I actually cried a little when I read it - it was so horrible. Hey guys. THIS is what you’re asking for when you ask for abortion to be outlawed.
And they have the nerve to call themselves ‘pro-life’….
When there is no reality to back up your religion, you have to make it up.
This is an 8 week aborted baby. Can you honestly not see that this was a HUMAN, not just a clump of cells?
Wow! Thanks for the TRIGGER WARNING.
And for misrepresenting a press image (and let’s not forget your amazing research skills). The truth is that this fetus of unknown origin was found in one of 2000 plastic bags full of illegally aborted fetuses dumped in a Buddhist temple in Thailand.
No one knows anything about who, what, where (or why) they were dumped, other than the fact that these abortions were illegally performed by back-alley doctors in THAILAND.
THAILAND, where THAI people do not have the right to reproductive choice. And where access to legal, reliable birth control is extremely limited, thus creating a need for (see where this is going?) illegal abortions.
Thank you for this big fat lie.
Have a nice day.
Fucking anti-choice propaganda makes me want to punch a kitten.
Every single word of this. If half the effort and finances put into fighting abortion were directed at women’s health or anything on the list above, we’d be in much better shape as a society. ~ Kim
What the fuck is this.
I am shaking I’m so furious.
88% of abortions are done before 12 weeks. The fetus can’t feel pain, can’t do much of anything before 12 weeks.
1.5% of abortions are done after 21 weeks, and that’s only when the fetus or the mother is in danger.
GOD I AM SO PISSED
Anti-choicers have no shame in spreading lies.
- A fetus cannot feel pain until the 35 week mark. Legal abortions normally occur no later than the 24th week of gestation.
- Only 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services include abortions. 35% is STD testing, 16% is cancer screenings, 35% is contraception, 10% are other women’s health services, and and 1% are miscellaneous services.
- Planned Parenthood’s services actually prevent up to 800,000 abortions from happening.
- Abortion rates are higher in countries where procedure is illegal.
- Our taxes are not spent on abortion clinics. The Hyde Amendment prevents this. It’s also why Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization.
- Only 1.5 of abortions happen after the 21st week, and this usually has to do with the mother’s life being at risk.
- 80% of *women do not regret their decision after getting an abortion.
- A lot of adoption and foster care centers struggle with racism, and many do not end up getting fostered or adopted at all. Only 15% of Hispanic, 15% of Asians, and 23% of blacks are adopted in the U.S. as opposed to 37% of whites.
- Despite the myth, abortion does not increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Though I can’t quite dig up a statistic for it, there are also several vegans and vegetarians who are pro-choice. Most of these individuals believe that sentience is not present during the time of gestation when abortion is illegal.
*Though most who get abortions identify as women, there are many male individuals who go through the procedure as well.
Though I did get a few sources elsewhere, credit to finding these sites goes to http://propaganda-for-life.tumblr.com/