is that there are countless immoral industries
- Precious metals
- Cheap labour making pretty much all goods
and yet they behave as though the only way to be moral is to remove all animal products from your diet. We do what we can where we can, by shopping responsibly, but it’s impossible to completely rid your life of products that did not cause someone or something harm somewhere down the line. The computers, gas, clothing you use and buy every day contribute to these inhumane and immoral industries and if you want to pretend that the animal industry is the only one that does any harm and therefore you are somehow morally superior then be my guest. Meanwhile the rest of us will look at humanity and society as a whole and try to fix the bigger picture. Not just our diets.
1. You have been brought up to believe that Atheists are immoral and incorrect.
2. You are afraid of the possibility of being wrong and not having all the answers to life written down for you.
3. You are afraid of dying. Everyone is afraid of dying. Believing in Heaven offers a small comfort, and you can’t bring yourself to face the possibility that you could actually not exist one day. In this way, Atheism is a threat to your sense of security in life.
4. When you meet someone who doesn’t believe in God, you feel personally attacked. This is because God is your ego, your hope, your dreams, and believes in everything you believe in. In this way, God represents you. You feel personally rejected when someone says they don’t believe in God because it is as though they don’t believe in you.
5. Since you believe that god is the ultimate authority, Atheists are going against authority simply by not believing in Him. It is human nature to naturally trust authority. You would feel uncomfortable and possibly become defensive if that authority is questioned, whether it be your parents, the constitution, etc. If you believed that God were the ultimate authority, you would also act defensive and feel uncomfortable when an Atheist questions God.
I hope this helps you in recognizing your fear of Atheism. Hopefully the next time you meet an atheist you will not feel afraid. After all, there’s nothing to be afraid of! We’re just like everyone else.
“Without a god, where does your morality come from?”
You know those parts of the bible that are completely ridiculous? The parts about stoning adulterers to death, and wearing mixed fibers and working on the sabbath and so on; the parts that you refuse to take seriously even though the book itself commands you must take all of it seriously?
Whatever part of your brain is responsible for working out that those parts of the bible are safe to ignore - that’s where an atheist’s morality comes from.
I’ve made this blog because I’m super sick and tired of atheists being wrongly assumed to be horrible people void of all morals. The atheists I know are loving, compassionate, creative, genuinely AMAZING people who are out to make positive changes in this world.
Basically, what I want this blog to be, is a collection of photographs of atheists and agnostics. Let’s give the rest of the world THE FACES OF ATHEISM so they can stop making assumptions about us.
Please submit all photographs to: TheFacesOfAtheists@gmail.com, or using the Submit option on the blog.
With your photograph, you may include one, some, all, or none of the following:
-Your First Name
-What You Do (This can be your job, your hobby, if you volunteer, whatever!)
By Etc., I mean whatever you want. Whatever kind of information you want to include about yourself as long as it is positive. I’m open to ideas, as I’m just beginning this project, and I want it to be awesome.
This is a good idea people. I plan to follow through myself as soon as I can get a better picture. The misinformation about what an atheist is badly needs to be combated. Let’s show them the beauty of who we really are. ~ Steve
Some tips for theists:
1) We don’t believe in Hell, so you can nix the threats.
2) Saying “God Bless” doesn’t make you compassionate, especially after #1.
3) We’ve read your bible. Amateur work with serious continuity problems.
4) Don’t tell atheists we’re immoral when we comprise 0.4% of U.S. prisons.
5) We think its cute when you point at other faiths and say, “That’s so dumb!”
6) Frightening kids with threats of eternal agony is child abuse.
7) Think of what your offering of 10% might have done elsewhere.
8) God has his divine hand on your life? Then why spend so much on insurance?
9) Putting your 50-year-old pastor in ripped jeans does not make him “edgy.”
10) Stay off our porches, out of our science books and away from politics.
That’s all for now. Thanks.