When white people drowning in privilege delete their Tumblr accounts.
It makes my soul itch.
Because it is the ultimate privilege to say hey this is too difficult for me right now so I’m just going to go away.
I could make an account where I don’t talk about “issues” at all. That of course would involve me stifling myself but I could do that. But it can’t turn it off in real life.
I don’t get to take off my skin.
This has been a ramble.
You know, I was just thinking about this. I can think of a handful of times off the top of my head where someone deletes or re-names their tumblr in a flounce because they get called on their oppressive bullshit once or twice. Sometimes there’s a woe-is-me post about how the POC/trans/woman-meanies are “reverse-oppressing” them or some shit, but it ends the same: these douchecanoes can’t take the heat, not even close.
Conversely, I can think of way more than a handful of POC/trans* people (usually trans* women tbh) etc who endure numerous personal attacks, derailing douchefuck reblogs, anonymous death threats, etc & they don’t acquiesce to it after one or two encounters. Like OP says, we can’t just peel off our identities or quit experiencing the fuckery because we turn off the computer or whatever.
Privilege is a hell of a drug.
This image is named “tanning beds.jpg” in my image repository
…….What? How? How does this have anything to do with gender? Last time I checked, there were black men and black women in this world. What an idiot…
I’m sorry but…
WHAT? One, there are “dark” men too. Second, what in the fuck does that have to do with feminism?
yes there are obviously black men, but who do you think skin lightening products are targeted at? she’s saying that to appeal to beauty standards in the us (which are set by white people, but also by men) that a lot of women use skin whitening cream, and are encouraged to use it. which is so, so fucked up. if you think racism and sexism aren’t closely intertwined idk what to tell you
Exactly. Women of color are told they’re undesirable, or that their only redeeming traits are their ass, thighs, curves, or breasts, because the standards for beauty have set by white misogynists who dehumanize and festishize WOC. They’ll tell you to put these harmful chemicals on your skin and take your dollar, but they won’t take your ass.
The fact that skin lightening products are sold means that there is a demand for people who want lighter skin because they have been rejected and condemned for their bodies.
DO YOU FUCKING PEOPLE ACTUALLY NOT SEE THE HARMFUL CORRELATION BETWEEN THIS SHIT.
I’m so fucking embarrassed by my fellow white feminists. You racist “feminists” are a fucking joke. If you can’t see how racist beauty standards are relevant to feminism then you can gtfo.
A collection of racists who thought it was appropriate to refer to Martin Luther Kind Day as “n-word day”
Tyler Brown from Wister, Oklahoma (he gets bonus racism points for having a Swastika tattoo)
Way too many of these fuck faces are from PA…
i loooooove it when these things get posted with the assholes’ names unobscured! yesssssss
keep reblogging! hopefully this post will come up when anyone googles their names.
Let’s get some racists fired today! I want these fools to beg to eat the grass off my shoes for sustenance!
Who claim to be against racism “no matter whom it’s directed at” always seem only to be against it when it’s aimed at White people. They’re never around when PoC are getting it in the neck from Whites. And if they’re around, they never do a gotdayum thing about it.
How do I know?
Because I’m one of the folks they never seem to bother to help or defend. I’ve had racist shit done to me in front of them and they never lifted a finger to help me nor even offered an encouraging word. But let me say some shit like “Damn White people!” after I’d been attacked, then they’d shake that finger they couldn’t bother lifting in my defense to chastise me for my “racist hatred” because they “won’t tolerate racism no matter whom it’s directed at.”
They can all go drown in a bog.
- I’d be more willing to understand how racism hurts you if you were nicer to me.
- I couldn’t care less about how many PoC get killed for being non-white, because you didn’t coddle me enough.
- You’re making me uncomfortable, and my comfort is more important than the issue at hand.
- I don’t care how offensive I’m being, you should still be nice to me. It doesn’t even matter how many insults I’ve already slung at you.
- There’s really no such thing as “the master’s tools” but I’m going to pretend there is, and that you’re using them, because you’re not being nice enough.
- You using the words “bitch” and “cunt” are far more hurtful than being called a disgusting nigger bitch.
- I’d be a better person, but you made me upset, so I’m going to continue to uphold racist standards.
It took me almost a decade of blogging to realize this.
It’s like, my sister used to actually argue with/try to convince her two year old to take a bath. And I would just walk over and stick him in the tub, and he was fine. I didn’t get it; like, why is that even a discussion? Like, maybe some people have time for that shit but c’mon, real folks got bills to pay and shit to do.
And that’s the problem, when you try being nice or trying to convince them of anything, it’s detrimental to everyone because it makes them think their point of view is actually a valid opinion worthy of debate.
Nawwww. That is why I keep my “tone” (lol) consistently punitive and corrective. It’s a wake up slap that hopefully invokes feelings of shame and guilt, which is what a human being is supposed to feel when they’ve done something wrong. And, they don’t like it. They’re not supposed to like it. Why the fuck should they?
Also relevant: maybe that’s why so many racists act like a two year old with a shitty, rashy ass.
It took me almost a decade of blogging to realize this.
Goes for every form of oppression. Your humanity is not a debate. Learn when to recognized when someone is a lost cause. Back up and carry on with your existence. Let them wallow in their ignorance until they fucking drown in it.
I am going to add this to my tumblr in response to every terrible argument about racism so let me know if I left anything out…it’s mad long so I put it behind a cut
- “We live in a post-racial society!”
- “I don’t see race”
- “Race is a social construct (so racism must - by extension - also be a social construct!)”
- “I was trying to unite us”
- “Everybody can be racist”
- “I have a black friend!”
- “___ is the last oppressed minority”
- “Bringing up racism just makes everything worse”
- “Reverse racism is just as bad”
- “I don’t have to listen to your argument because a PoC hurt my feelings”
- “I’m not privileged! I’m poor/disabled/gay/trans* etc.”
- “Everything isn’t about race”
- “Racism is all in the past”
- “You’re biased”
- “This person of color agrees with me”
- “Why isn’t there a WHITE Entertainment Television? Why is there no white history month? Affirmative action?”
- “Why is there a black table in the cafeteria?”
- “That wasn’t my intent”
- “The KKK/Neo-Nazis/slavery/apartheid – that’s racism! Not this!”
- “We’re not all like that! That’s a stereotype”
- “I’m white and that happens to me too”
- “I was playing Devil’s Advocate! I don’t really think that way”
- “It’s not a stereotype if it’s true!”
- “You’re just too sensitive! You see racism in everything.”
- “If black people can say the n-word, why can’t I?”
- “I can say what I want! Freedom of speech, bitch!”
Nobody ever says:
- Homophobia will go away if we ignore it.
- Terrorists will go away if we ignore them.
- Homelessness will end if we stop talking about it.
- Infant mortality will end if we stop acknowledging it.
- AIDS will go away if we stop focusing on AIDS so much.
Everybody knows that those notions are ridiculous. Why then do people insist on thinking that racism, which is the tragedy above all tragedies, will disappear if we stop talking about it?
The notes seriously disgust me. People are like “hahah this is so racist” and “lol I’m going to hell for laughing”! Clearly racism is just a joke.
To the person who made this and the approximately 19,000 people who reblogged without comment or to laugh:
BYU Students on African Americans and Black History Month (I can’t find the words for this)
This is disgusting.
wow this is actually horrible?
blackface really? and that accent?
i apologize for my race, holy shit
Utterly depressing. :[