- Porn is not a monolithic entity.
- Porn is as problematic as every other fucked of type of media out there aimed primarily at men, because society is fucked up.
- Images of people fucking are not the problem, the problem is that it’s marketed solely to men, with very little material aimed at women and everybody else, and that the content is often misogynistic.
- I repeat it is possible to make non-sexist porn. Non-sexist porn exists.
- The fact that some pornography is problematic is not an argument against all pornography any more than Two and a Half Men is an argument against all television.
I hate Adult Shops geared toward women that boast that they are a Porn Free Environment. This backhandedly shames every woman who IS visual and DOES enjoy porn of all shapes and sizes.
Please, give other options, porn that is well rounded and offers different points of view, different kinds of bodies and caters to many a kink, but DON’T make the assumption that your negative view of porn makes all porn inherently evil.
Don’t alienate the many people out there who enjoy porn and want an alternative to mainstream ideals of porn.
In an exercise entitled “A Rose with No Petals,” the teacher is told to “hold up a beautiful rose.” Students are then told to pass the rose around the room with each student removing a petal. When the rose no longer has petals, the teacher must “share that the rose represents someone who participates in casual sex. Each time a sexually active person gives that most personal part of himself or herself away, that person can lose a sense of personal value and worth. It all comes down to self-respect.”Choosing the Best PATH, Leader Guide, p. 7What in the ever-living fuck, our government PAYS PEOPLE to TEACH THIS. TO CHILDREN.